Lewisham is a busy part of South East London with a population of over 275,000 people from all different backgrounds and cultures.
With such a multi-cultural diverse population, all tastes are catered for. You will find something to do whatever the weather.
So here are 5 thing that you could try if you are visiting or a new resident in the area.
- The Horniman’s Museum is great place for adults and kids alike with various events, exhibitions and displays. They also have an attractive garden area with is very popular in the summer.
- Parks and open spaces are in abundance with Blackheath, Lewisham park and Beckenham place Park all nearby. Blackheath has a popular firework display to celebrate Guy Faulks night in November which attracts many people from outside of the area.
- Lewisham Shopping Centre is very popular with an array of shops to suit all tastes and budgets.
- You can visit The Islamic Centre in Lewisham for Prayer and worship. They have events for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Lewisham market is very popular and has been so for many years. You can buy foods from all around the world. There is plenty of fresh produce on offer with fruit and vegetables a specialty.
So, there you go! That was five things to get you started. Lewisham also has great transport links that make it very easy to get around town!
There are also many rivers throughout the borough, watch the video below if you are a nature lover.
Proper waste management is the responsibility of everyone; it should not be left to the local authorities, or an individual home or business owner. It takes cooperation, coordination, and the input of all players to ensure that all waste is not just collected on time, but also disposed properly. Being disposed properly means that all the safety and environmental standards have been met, and adhered to.
- As a home owner, you have the direct responsibility of ensuring that all waste generated in that home is collected on time. The same applies for business owners who may have offices and commercial buildings.
- The last thing you want is the foul stench of your neighbor’s garbage finding its way into your own compound. Good neighborliness is built on ensuring that you don’t infringe on the privacy of your neighbor, even if it means via polluting their air.
- Usually, it is best to coordinate the waste clearance process between various blocks, to make the task more manageable. For instance, a commercial building can hire a singular waste clearance company to offer their services at agreed times, than letting each office unit within the building to hire their own company. The uniformity of the clearance services ensures that the place is always neat and clean for ot the job for house clearance wandsworth
- One thing most home owners or business owners forget is to vet the waste collection company, to ensure that the process is smooth and quiet! The waste clearance teams should be modest, professional, and considerate of your neighbors. They shouldn’t compromise the serenity or tranquility of the neighborhood simply because they are around.
Proper waste management in is about timely collection of waste, in a convenient and efficient way, then ensuring that that waste is disposed of in accordance with the environmental safety rules and regulations. See how resitnetial clearance in Surrey is done.
We all have probably heard about the benefits of recycling our home waste, and the numerous advantages recycling has over the environment. But what is it about recycling that everyone seems to like? Well, the answer to this question is multi faceted; there are numerous benefits and reasons why you should embrace recycling.
Some of the major reasons why you should recycle include the below;
- It’s a win-win situation for everyone; the good thing about recycling is that it is a win-win situation for everyone. First and foremost, is the environment that gets to benefit greatly. You see, most of the home and office waste that we generate ends up in landfills, taking long to decompose, polluting the atmosphere with filthy stenches, etc. But when we recycle the same waste, we save the environment the huge task of decomposing and consuming what we throw away. Industries also get to benefit from recycling, for it takes lesser energy to make new products from recycled items, than producing them from the raw materials.
- Cost effective; recycling helps homesteads and industries save an extra coin. Recycled items are always cheaper compared to completely new ones. Besides, some waste companies will pay home owners a small fee for the all the waste that can be recycled. Even for an office, it is easier to purchase recycled waste bins for instance, compared to buying completely new ones from a manufacturer.
- Sustainable; Recycling is the only sustainable form of waste disposal. It gives one the peace of mind to know that all the waste they have generated has been safely disposed of, and in a way that does little if any harm to the environment. Recycling is more than just a way to dispose of your waste; it is a way of life, and a sustainable one for that matter.
Recycling has immense benefits, and as a home owner, or one in charge of a commercial building, you should encourage those around you to embrace it too.
Here is a short video on why we should recycle.