Lewisham is a busy part of South East London with a population of over 275,000 people from all different backgrounds and cultures.
With such a multi-cultural diverse population, all tastes are catered for. You will find something to do whatever the weather.
So here are 5 thing that you could try if you are visiting or a new resident in the area.
- The Horniman’s Museum is great place for adults and kids alike with various events, exhibitions and displays. They also have an attractive garden area with is very popular in the summer.
- Parks and open spaces are in abundance with Blackheath, Lewisham park and Beckenham place Park all nearby. Blackheath has a popular firework display to celebrate Guy Faulks night in November which attracts many people from outside of the area.
- Lewisham Shopping Centre is very popular with an array of shops to suit all tastes and budgets.
- You can visit The Islamic Centre in Lewisham for Prayer and worship. They have events for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Lewisham market is very popular and has been so for many years. You can buy foods from all around the world. There is plenty of fresh produce on offer with fruit and vegetables a specialty.
So, there you go! That was five things to get you started. Lewisham also has great transport links that make it very easy to get around town!
There are also many rivers throughout the borough, watch the video below if you are a nature lover.